Save Money on Textbooks
So you are back for another semester. Good for you! Except… now you have to buy a bunch of overpriced books for a class you probably do not want to take. Awesome.
What can you do? Fortunately, now there are some alternatives.
1. Buy from the bookstore. This is what your parents did. And their parents before them. And their parents before them.. I could go on, but you get the picture. By all means, go this route if you must, but just be aware how much money they’re making off you. After all, do you really want to pay $135 for that used Psychology book when you could buy it for $20 on site like Postify?
2. Rent it! This is the next-generation solution for high textbook costs. Imagine getting that nursing textbook for $40 for the semester instead of paying $200 at your university bookstore. A major advantage of renting is that you don’t have to worry about trying to sell your book at the end of the semester. This is also the recommended path for students who don’t plan on using their textbooks after taking a class.
Bonus Round: Sell or rent your own books! You aren’t the only student who is looking for books and trying to save money at the same time. You also likely have a bunch of books just laying around and collecting dust. What better way to to get cash, go green and help out another student by posting your books on Postify!
Creative Ideas to Make Money with Postify
“Ok, you’ve convinced me… Postify is a great way to sell my used textbooks and even my roommate’s old TV, but can I actually make some money on here?”
My friend, where have you been?? I’ve been waiting for someone to ask me this question! Here are some ideas for you to make money on Postify.
1. Textbook arbitrage! Don’t let the big word scare you; it means to find something cheaper in one place, and resell it for more in another. Buy it on Postify, sell it on Amazon.
Do some research on Amazon for the textbooks floating around your campus. Sometimes a particular textbook is very popular on one campus, but there aren’t a lot on the market outside. For example, one time a friend and I noticed our bookstore had tons of a certain textbook for $10, but on Amazon it was going for about $30! We bought a number of them and resold them for an easy $20 profit on each.
2. Talk to graduating seniors and buy their textbooks!
Most seniors won’t be in the area to sell their textbooks next semester, and don’t want to bring them home. Offer them a price better than what the bookstore will, but less than what you’ll get next semester. Who knows, some might even give you their textbooks for free. Once you’ve organized your book inventory, start posting them on Postify.
3) Buy up a bunch of the used textbooks for a particular class and list them on Postify!
The bookstore won’t have many used versions, and once those are gone students will be banging down your door. No one wants to be the sucker who paid full-price for a new version.
Some of these techniques take more skill than others, but practice makes perfect. If you have any additional ideas for how to make money with Postify, let us know!