Make money on Postify
Tired of being another poor college student without enough money to even go see a movie? Try posting some of your old items on Postify!
We’ve made it easy for local college students to interact with each other by seeing items for sale on their own college campus. This makes it quick and easy to sell your used textbooks and old futon. Chances are, there’s a guy in the next dorm who really wants your old TV, so why keep it stuffed in storage?
Heck, do you take really good notes in class and still have them from last semester? Most people don’t. So post your notes for sale and help this semester’s students.
Post your used textbooks on Postify and make more money than just selling them back to the bookstore at the end of the semester.
Free College Textbooks? Yes, Please!
What if you never had to pay for ridiculously overpriced textbooks ever again? Boundless Learning is a new startup based in Boston that is aiming for that very goal. They are currently in the Beta stage, but will be launching shortly.
How it works:
- You as a student select the textbook you were assigned for a class
- Boundless pulls similar text and images from free & open sources around the web
- Voila! A textbook with nearly identical information.. for free!
Hopefully this start-up takes off and saves college students a lot of money! If interested, go to their homepage to sign up for email updates for the latest news.
Also, if you are a current student or even a college graduate, and you have a lot of old textbooks laying around, please use Postify to give away your textbooks, exchange, rent or sell them!
Benefits of Having a Local College Classifieds
College years are some of the most exciting times, filled with new opportunities and experiences. However, these times can also be a very stressful time for many students as finances are tight and the future is unknown. With continually rising education costs, saving money is a priority for most students.
One of the best ways that students can save money is through a local college classifieds system. Unfortunately, most colleges do not have a classifieds system for their students, so that is why we started Postify.
Here are just a few of the many benefits:
- Save money on used textbooks - One of the biggest areas that you can save money is through buying used textbooks as opposed to buying them new in the bookstore.
- Earn money selling or renting textbooks - Not only can you save money, you can actually earn cash by selling or renting your textbooks. Instead of letting your old Psychology textbook collect dust under your bed, why not sell or rent it to another college student?
- Find housing or a roommate - If you are not living on campus, it can be a challenge to find affordable housing or roommates, so having a local secure classifieds system is invaluable.
- Furnish your apartment - Once you have your apartment, save money by getting your furniture used. Who needs to go to IKEA when you have Postify? :)
- Find a job - Whether you want are a Biology tutor, or you’re looking to give guitar lessons, connect with other students on your local college classifieds system.
These are just a few of the many ways you can save money for college by using Postify. We are counting down the days until our official launch, which is when you will be able to start posting!
To stay in the loop about our upcoming launch, follow our blog for the latest exciting news, updates and giveaways.By jvanderwal
Most Expensive College Textbooks
How much do you spend on college textbooks each year? I found a receipt the other day from one of my engineering semesters for almost $500! I thought it was just because I was an engineering student, but it turns out the average amount a student spends a year on textbooks is between $700 - $1000.
The top most expensive individual textbooks according to a 2010 CBS new article were:
- Acta Philosophorum The First Journal of Philosophy: $1,450
- Encyclopedia of International Media and Communications: $1,215
- Management Science An Anthology: $850
- History of Early Film: $740
- Biostatistical Genetics and Genetic Epidemiology: $665
If you find yourself in a class that requires one of these extremely expensive textbooks, you’re probably better off trying to rent a textbook, or dropping the class entirely,
You could try your local college classifieds website to see if any other unlucky students had to buy the book last semester, and are now looking to sell. I was able to cut my semester book bill down to about $100 by finding upperclassmen who didn’t need the book anymore.
Another way that you can potentially save a lot of money on your college textbooks is by using an older edition. When doing this, just make sure your professor allows older textbooks.
Saving money in college is essential, so do you yourself a favor and only buy a new textbook if you’ve exhausted all other options to buy a used textbook.By jvanderwal